Adsense

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Life Update

I realize it has been awhile since I actually made a post about what is going on in my life. Mostly it has been terribly boring, but I do have a few things to talk of.

First off, I have gotten back into NEStalgia. That can be seen both as a good thing and bad. The good in it lets me make more strategies for the game, such as the skill tree builds post I made (which by the way, is under construction until a more definite balance is made with them). The bad is it takes away from things I SHOULD be doing in my life, such as finding more places to put applications in for a job, and other lifely responsibilities.

Yes, I am still unemployed, collecting no benefits whatsoever. Because I quit my last job, I am ineligible for unemployment, I'm not disabled in any legal fashion, and I really am not poor, per se, because I live with my parents. Sierra tells me that certain government benefits have toned down, and no longer look into the fact you live with parents/guardians after a certain age. I technically could be eligible for food stamps, which I rather not resort to. I feel others deserve it more than I. This opinion may change should I feel my parents could use more help in the bills...

My sister has officially moved out as of Sunday. I spent the day being general labor for her, which left me awfully tired. With her being so nervous and tired, Sis was generally rather annoying, irritable, and not very direct in her orders on where she wanted her things. Some bad decisions were done by her roommate as well, such as buying an L-shaped couch for where they want their living room to be.

Made quickly in paint.
It's the only space that can be considered a living room unless people want to go to the dreary basement. As you see, the couch blocks the secondary room. They cannot put the TV in the empty room because it's full of windows and the TV is to be mounted on a wall. Radiator is an immovable object. Putting the couch in the empty room would be rather far from the television. They also are not allowed to knock down any walls so they can't just make it one big room either. Sis didn't want this couch really, but apparently agreed to having a couch or something, she wasn't very specific on this when I asked her about it. Essentially it's the cause of a fight they had, and who knows how it'll be decided. The L Couch was also the cause of a dispute between my father and sister when we were bringing in her hope chest. She expected us to slip by the small gap with the hope chest and put it in the empty room. Dad then asked her just to move the couch out a bit so a walkway could be made, to which she couldn't figure out. Dad then threw a hissy fit, shove the tv box out of the way, and pulled the couch out so we could get the chest in.

The whole idea of my sister moving out leaves me with several different emotions. The downsides are mainly that when a blizzard occurs, I'll be left alone shoveling. Of course, there was some years back where that was true when Sis wouldn't lift a hand up to help, but that changed when she needed someone to help her to her car. Now I'll be the only one to shovel since dad usually works during storms and mom doesn't have the strength to do actual shoveling.

Also on the bad, it makes me feel compelled to leave the house when I'm in a horrible financial situation as it is. Granted, Sis is older than me by almost 3 years, so I suppose I can make that my own deadline. I don't actually HAVE to leave, my parents are nice enough to support me as needed so long as I follow their rules and help out around the house... It's just something I feel I SHOULD do.

The good sides of Sis leaving generally revolves around space issues at home. Her room becomes available and will become a Den of sorts. It'll be where dad can have a quiet room to read, mom and I can exercise in private, and what I may make of a place to hang when friends come over. Video games and movie spot! Parents plan to have the big screen television that currently is in the living room to be placed downstairs while the living room gets a flat screen tv mounted on the wall. The wii would be moved downstairs as well, which works for me, my wii won't be subjected to my mother's cigarette smoke anymore.

Besides having a den, my sister's crap that gets left all around the house no longer is here! She essentially took over the love seat and coffee table in the living room and parts all around the kitchen. She also had so many different types of shampoo, conditioner, and body wash in the bathroom (though mom contributed to that too) so we were surrounded by half-used bottles when showering.

I suppose I will miss her too, since despite how she would drive me crazy, I still love her. She helped a lot too, such as getting groceries (which now falls upon me or my mother on her good days), cooking dinner when mom did not feel well (I can cook too, but I'm not very fast or as good as either of them), and helped with any problems I had (though usually butting in instead). I won't miss those days when she had a bad day at work and comes home all moody and demanding, or her weird moments of just bothering me because she has nothing better to do at the moment. Course, I still will have to put up with her dropping in, which I KNOW she will do, but now it's at a much lesser degree.



Two more things. Due to really shitty pockets, my Nintendo 3DS fell out of my pocket and into a puddle of water while helping Sis move. I was very quick to grab it so it was only in the puddle for less than 3 seconds, but I freaked out nonetheless. I did my best to wipe water off of it, and with Sis's instruction, blew into the crevices to evacuate water from its innards. I also let it sit in rice to absorb moisture out of it. As of today, it is working all right.

Also, in a previous post, I mentioned how I was trying to find a home for this cat. Sis's boyfriend did find a home for him out of state, but then the person had to back out on it. The cat now resides at Sis's boyfriend's place. I feel bad for this poor cat to be bounced around like this, but at least it is out of the cold and being taken care of. We'll try and find it another home soon.

That about sums up the news of what's going on.

1 comment: